Monday, July 11, 2011

Quick Couponing Tips

Right now I am off to Walgreens to catch some good deals but first I wanted to share some tips with you.

  • I clip every coupon I can find. Even items I don't normally buy because I don't use them or I never buy them because they are too expensive. Most of the time when a good sale comes around I can get stuff free or at a great deal with these coupons. If it is something I can't use I always know someone that can or you can donate to a charitable cause (food banks for example).
  • I always buy the Elizabethton Star and the Johnson City Press every Sunday. If there are some really good coupons in one of them I will buy extra copies of the paper so I have multiple coupons for an item. This is how you can stock up on items really cheap when they are on sale.
  • I bought 2 coupon organizers at the Dollar Tree. One organizer I use for toiletries, like razors, shampoo, and cleaning stuff. The other one I use for grocery items. I labeled each divider by categories. This way when I clip my coupons, I just put each one in their own category. Right now I think I am getting so many coupons accumulated that I may have to convert to a 3 ring binder and use the plastic inserts but for now the coupon organizers are working pretty good for me
  • I find that making a list and having my coupons together before I leave the house for my shopping trip is the best way to stay on track. If you don't go prepared you will get discouraged.
  • Finally, I will warn you....you may become addicted to couponing like me. I used to hate going to the store but when you are saving money and getting free stuff, you can't wait to go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment